DPI: Project 1


Part 1: Physical Collage

Research

Before creating my physical collage, I've searched up 3 different graphic design works that I like from Pinterest for a reference for my work.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/733805333063693836/

Description : I love this artwork because it captures the busyness and vibes of urban Japan.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3025924742142429/

Description: I like this artwork because it is colorful and sends an important message about
education.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/366128644720483135/

Description: I like this artwork because this tells a lot about the artist themselves and I think it
is interesting to look at.

Physical collage

The images below are the pre-composition collages that I made.



Collage 1



Collage 2




Collage 3


Collage 4




Collage 5



Collage 6



Collage 7

 

Collage 8



Collage 9
Final Design
In the end, I chose Collage 5 as my submission.

Final Design




Part 2: Digital Imaging Exercise 1: Me in Hearst Mansion

Step 1:Use Quick Selection tool to subtract background.

SHORTCUT KEYS: Zoom in/out, increase/decrease brush size, subtract from selection/ add to selection.


Step 2: Add and apply layer mask








Step 3: Add noise


Step 4: Apply Gaussian Blur


Step 5: Duplicate Shazam, invert vertically, rename the duplicated layer to "reflection"

Step 6: Darken reflection layer

Step 7: Apply ripple effect to reflection layer.

Step 8: Finished


Own Design

Using the same steps above, I managed to put a picture of myself into Hearst mansion.


Digital Imaging Exercise 2 : recolouring

Photo A (without colour)


Photo B (Hair colour)
Photo C (Skin colour)


Photo D (without colour)

Final Design

Photo A (with colour)


Photo D (with colour)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intercultural Design

Advanced Typography- Task 2: Key Artwork & Collaterals

Interactive Design: Project 2 - Working Web Page