DPI: Final Project

 Idea Development

Biography

My name is Ng Zheng Kai, I’m currently in my first year of Design in Creative Media. I’m 21 this year. I studied Science for my whole life, and I used to major in engineering, but after a semester, I decided to change to design because I’m always drawn to create beautiful things for people to admire. I also admire hip hop, punk rock, and retro aesthetics. In my work, I want to express myself as being an “artsy” & casual person/ a cool hip hop culture-esque dude. Since I am an introvert, I like chilling and relaxing at home, reading books and listening to music, while there is also another side of me that is physically active in skateboarding and participating in hip hop culture such as break dance. In summary, I like hip hop, punk rock, and retro aesthetics.

Statement

For my design, I want to take two different versions of me, a chill “artsy” 90s style dude, and an active hip hop skater/b-boy. As mentioned in my biography, I like retro and hip hop, so I wore an outfit with an oversized shirt to showcase a retro style vibe in one version, and I wore a beanie, a plain white shirt and I brought out my skateboard to showcase my hip hop side. Another idea I had in mind is a more simplistic take, which is a portrait of me in a punk rock-esque background with “clones” of me in other colours positioned beside me. Based on the 2 posters I created in slide 9, I like digital poster #2 more, as it is a simpler approach.

References




Design Direction


Digital Poster




Final Design
Final Design JPG

Title: The Punk Hip Hop Maverick
Artist Statement: I am a punk hip hop artist, the embodiment of rebellion and raw energy. My work transcends genres, bridging the gap between two distinct cultures and inspiring a new wave of creativity and rebellion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intercultural Design

Advanced Typography- Task 2: Key Artwork & Collaterals

Interactive Design: Project 2 - Working Web Page