Advanced Typography- Task 2: Key Artwork & Collaterals

21/9/2023 - 7/11/2023, Week 5 - Week 11
Ng Zheng Kai / 0359424
Advanced Typography / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media (Hons)
Task 2: Key Artwork and Collateral


LECTURES

All lectures are completed in Task 1



INSTRUCTIONS




Task 2A: Key Artwork

Sketch
For my key artwork, I am going for a graffiti bubble style font. Because I want to give off a sense of a chill and friendly vibe for my key artwork.
Fig 1.1 Sketch


Digitalize

Fig 1.2 Image Trace



Fig 1.3 Word Digitalization
Color Palette

Fig 1.4 Color Palette

For my color, I decided to choose a bright and vibrant color palette.


Final Design

Fig 1.5 Final Design (JPG) (B&W)




Fig 1.6 Final Design (JPG) (Colour)








Fig 1.7 Final Design (PDF) (B&W)



Fig 1.8 Final Design (PDF) (Colour)



Task 2B: Collateral

For my collaterals, I decided to put my key artwork on a bag, a beanie and a shirt.

Collateral #1 Bag

Fig 1.9 Bag design




Collateral #2 Beanie

Fig 1.10 Beanie design



Collateral #3 Shirt


Fig 1.11 Shirt design




Final Task 2: Key Artwork and Collateral


Fig 2.0 Final Key Artwork (B&W)




Fig 2.2 Final Key Artwork (Colored)


Fig 2.3 Final Key Artwork (Colored)




Fig 2.2 Final Animated



Fig 2.3 Collateral #1



Fig 2.4 Collateral #2


Fig 2.5 Collateral #3





Fig 2.6 Instagram Desktop



Fig 2.6 Final Designs (PDF)







FEEDBACK

Week 6: 
General Feedback: Good color scheme
Specific Feedback: Try to be more creative with the collaterals


Week 5: 
General Feedback: (Absent)

Week 4:
General Feedback: Find a good meaning as to why I chose to design it this way
Specific Feedback: The graffiti style could work, need some refinements on the spacings




REFLECTION

Experience
In this assignment, I struggled a few times mainly because I was initially confused and was also busy with other assignments, but I eventually did came up with a key artwork that I liked.

Observation
I have noticed that the color of the words and the background plays an important role in creating this key artwork.


Findings
Through this project, I have found that it is important to have a clear sense of direction when designing, as the design must have a meaning and a clear rationale so that it may lead to further expansions.





FURTHER READING


Fig 2.7 Typography Referenced


Fig 2.8 Introduction

The book covers the basics of typography, its history, and commonly used fonts.


Fig 2.9 Linotype Didot, Braille and sign language of the English Alphabet



Fig 2.10 Tools and Concepts

The book also shows various tools used throughout history in creating typefaces. For example, a various of nips were used as the angle is required for Indian penmanship.


Fig 2.11 Reading Direction and Scanning

Designers often use a focal point that guides the reader's eye from the top-left corner. In such designs, the designer takes charge, directing the reader to the initial point of focus. This technique is used in our Task 1 assignment.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intercultural Design

Interactive Design: Project 2 - Working Web Page