Interactive Design: Final Project

Ng Zheng Kai 0359424
Interactive Design / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media (hons)
Final Project


INSTRUCTIONS




Project Overview:
In this web design project, you will create a single-page website dedicated to your favorite artist. This project will help you develop your web design and development skills while allowing you to showcase your passion for the artist of your choice.

Project Requirements:
Artist Selection: Choose your favorite artist as the subject of your website. It can be a musician, painter, actor, or any other creative individual or group. Ensure you have a genuine interest in the artist, as this will help you create a more engaging website.

Content:
Your single-page website should include the following sections:
Header with the artist's name and a brief tagline.
Introduction: Provide an overview of the artist's background and why you admire them.
Biography: Include a brief biography or description of the artist's life and career.
Gallery: Showcase images, videos, or other multimedia related to the artist's work.
Contact Information: If applicable, include contact details or links to the artist's social media profiles.


Design Elements:
Choose a color scheme and fonts that reflect the artist's style or your personal taste.
Ensure a visually appealing layout with a balanced use of text and multimedia.
Create a responsive design that adapts to different screen sizes (mobile-friendly).

Navigation: Implement smooth scrolling navigation or a simple menu that allows users to jump to different sections of the page.

Interactivity: Consider adding interactive elements such as image sliders, hover effects, or lightboxes for multimedia content.


Process

For this project, we were to create a single page website dedicated to our favorite artists, I've chosen Nujabes, a Japanese record producer as my main theme for my website.

Sketches

First, I sketch out a wireframe for my website using pencil and paper.

Fig 1.0 Sketch 1

Fig 1.1 Sketch 2

Fig 1.2 Sketch 3

Fig 1.3 Sketch 4

Fig 1.4 Sketch 5

After some feedback, I've chosen go on with Fig 1.1 sketch 2, as it is more mainstream.

Prototypes

I then created a lo-fi prototype based on Fig 1.1 sketch 2



I then created a hi-fi prototype.



After some considerations, I decided to change some of the design to make it more interesting.


Coding



Fig 1.5 HTML PDF



Fig 1.6 CSS PDF

Final







REFLECTION

Throughout this assignment, I have faced some hardships with the coding part mainly because I was sick and cannot think straight, so I had to retry a couple of times when coding for my website. I faced some issues mostly regarding the display size on mobile devices, but the navigations work fine, the images does link to a Youtube video successfully, and the display size for the computer is correct. But in the end, I am glad that I am able to code out a website that actually functions how I want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intercultural Design

Advanced Typography- Task 2: Key Artwork & Collaterals

Interactive Design: Project 2 - Working Web Page